“Do something nice for yourself today. Find some quiet, sit in stillness, breathe. Put your problems on pause. You deserve a break.” ― Akiroq Brost.
Have you heard of work-life balance? Sure, but have you experienced a work-life balance? No! There is no such thing. Balance means “an even distribution,” which puts a lot of pressure on you to be split in the middle perfectly.
Instead, I prefer to use the word harmony. It’s ok to spend more weeks focused on life than work, just like spending some weeks focused more on work is ok. It should ebb and flow. If you are constantly striving for even distribution, you are never going to find it.
If you need to take a break right, do it—schedule time for a stay-cation. But I challenge you to be prepared first. Set yourself up for continued success within your business while you are taking some vital time for yourself. Whether you need to take a break soon or next year, use the following to help you prepare.
Here are the 5 E-words to help you take an entrepreneur break.
1. Establish Your Purpose
I am sure you have heard that your “why” should fuel your “how.” Creating a purposeful why statement can help you determine what jobs, clients, and projects are vital to your success. This statement can help you rid yourself of the fluff and empower you to focus on the significant work.
2. Examine Your Goals
I recommend my clients reassess their business goals twice a year. You may be surprised by how your goals change based on your life situations! Make sure you schedule time with yourself for a few days of deep diving, soul searching work at least two times per year. Don’t waste your time pushing towards a goal you no longer want to achieve.
3. Educate Yourself
The world is literally at your fingertips. You can find virtual conferences, master classes, and workshops on topics to make you more time-efficient. I promise someone can teach you how to save time, money, and effort on everything from business strategy to social media tricks. You have to want to learn but most importantly, you have to then implement what you learned. Don’t stick to your old habits; Be open to change.
Are you looking for an online workshop? Join me during any of my live or recorded sessions here.
Are you looking for a conference? Join me at these fantastic conferences – virtually or live in person.
4. Employ Systems and Technology
Maybe your systems and organization are relaxed right now because it’s a small team, and you run the show. But what happens when you want to go on vacation? Can you go on vacation? If you can’t unplug and walk away, you have a problem.
Slow down, so you can speed up. Systems and technology can be your friends if you take the time to set them up correctly. So take the time, and stop delaying.
5. Elevate Others
You are not an island. Entrepreneurship is tricky; you should have fellow humans who will help you every step of the way. Putting together a small team of 1, 2 or even 10 other people who are experts in specific fields can help your business maintain and grow while you are away. This only works if you learn how to trust and delegate tasks to these people. Make sure to start this process far before you need to take your break.
Not sure how to start any of these processes? Let me help you!
- September 9th: BUILDING YOUR BRAND 101 at Fitnessfest Conference (Virtual Option): Join me for a 4-hour workshop & walk away with a personalized business strategy.
- September 9th: MARKETING YOUR BRAND 101 at Fitnessfest Conference (Virtual Option): In this 4-hour workshop, we will dive into the best techniques, tips and tricks to take your online brand awareness to the next level.
- September 17th: LIGHTS, CAMERA, ACTION at SCW Cert Smash (Virtual Option): Learn how to successfully run a virtual Group Ex class, Personal Training session and progressive program.
- September 19th: SCW SOCIAL MEDIA CERTIFICATION at SCW Cert Smash (Virtual Option): Explore simple, usable and effective social media tricks and marketing tips.
If you are searching for more content to help make your life easier as a fitness entrepreneur, check out these additional resources:
- AUGUST 26TH WORKSHOP: 25 Marketing Tips, Tricks and Tools
- BLOG: 5 Mindful Me-Time Moments to Kickstart Your Self-Care
- WEBINAR: “In Bed With The Fitness Industry & Jessica Maurer” with Nathalie Lacombe
- COACHING PROGRAM: 7 Simple Steps to Attract More Clients