It’s fall. People are losing their minds in college football, boots, and PSLs. And while I try to deny it; I freaking love this “sweater weather” time of year. It may bring more painful sensations to my extremities and I may have to dress like it’s winter and not fall, but I do have some love for the crispness of the air. Which brings us to this month’s rendition of things I am digging right now.
1. OVER: It’s the app my dreams are made of. If you took any of my social media lectures this year, you know that this is my go-to app for creating images. I can do (almost) everything and anything to a graphic from my phone in a beyond super user-friendly manner. If you spend a lot of time creating content for your clients or your own business, upgrade. It’s so worth it. Plus, the access to free pre-designed (by professionals so it actually looks great!!) content that you can edit is undeniable worth every penny. If you don’t create a lot of content, stick with the basic. It’s still fabulous.
2. Sweet & Spicy Tea from Good Earth: Yea, I am obsessed. I may have purchased 8 boxes of both the (herbal) day and night versions. It is by far the best herbal tea I have stumbled across. I was once a teavanna snob…but, I have been swayed. When I started having some interesting issues with my atypical issues, I started seeing an acupuncturist to help deal with some of the pain and circulation blocks. She recommended that I stop drinking coffee, green and black teas. Since finding this tea, I rarely “cheat,” but I cannot deny a good cup of coffee every now and then.
Plus, I love reading a quote on each of the tea bags. Killer idea, Good Earth!
3. Okra. I love it raw, steamed, sauteed, and while growing up in south Georgia, I loved it fried. I needed to use a lot of produce in my fridge that was going bad fast, so I tossed together this lunch saute for myself a few days ago. Honestly, I thought the cashews were going to be the highlight, and I was wrong. The okra was the surprise star here.
- 1/4 yellow onion, chopped length wise
- 1/4 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup diced okra
- 1/4 cup cashews
- 1/4 cup chickpeas
- 1 clove of garlic
- 3 cups of fresh spinach
- 1/4 cup raisins
- Amino Acids
I added the garlic and onions to the pan first with a little bit of vegetable stock. Tossed in the rest of the ingredients when it started to sizzle. Stirred and cooked until the spinach was wilted and the vegetables were just started to get soft. Yum.
4. Our new kayak! Yes, we bought a 2 person (3 really as you can see) and last weekend we went camping, kayaking, and climbing in Hidden Valley, VA. Three days of disconnecting from work, phones, computers, screens, and well…life. Not pictured: getting Bou, our 11-year old mutt in the front of the kayak with me. Oh yea, that was a blast. She wanted to enjoy it, she really did. But I think that will be her last kayak trip for a while.
5. Group Fit: Shannon Fable and I work to create weekly themes with daily topics regarding being a group fitness instructor in this facebook group and I could not be any prouder of what we have created. I have been adding our past content into photo albums so that members can use them as reference materials, and I realized what an incredible group we have created with extensive materials and resources for group fitness instructors. Honestly, it’s unbelievable. And a special shout out to your Master Mentor team for helping us every step of the way. If you haven’t already, please join us!